Printed Genealogies of PA Dutch Families
by Donna Speer Ristenbatt
URL of this site:
The following list of genealogies is not complete by any means.
There are many more printed genealogies which may be found at the
Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society (address at the end of this
As with any printed genealogy, mistakes are made, and it is always
good to search original sources mentioned in the genealogy. Since
the Mennonites did not believe in infant baptism, however, these
printed genealogies are an invaluable source of information and a
very good starting point.
- The BAUMAN/BOWMAN Family of the Cocalico Valley:
Printers, Papermakers and Tavernkeepers by Clarence Edwin Spohn, 1994.
- Descendants of Valentine and Christina BECKER of
Warwick Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania by George W. Andrews, 1993.
- BOMBERGER: Lancaster County Roots, 1722-1986 by Lloyd Huber
- A History of the Descendants of Abraham BRENEMAN,
Born in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, December 3, 1744, and Settled
near Edom, Rockingham County, Virginia, in 1770, or soon after and a
Complete Genealogical Register with Biographies of Many of His Descendants
by Charles D. Breneman, 1939, 1988 Reprint.
- The BRENNEMAN History by Albert H. Gerberich, 1938, 1988.
- Record of the Ancestors & Descendants of Jacob Sherk
BRUBAKER and his Brother Daniel Sherk
BRUBAKER by Aden H. Brubacher, 1974.
- Index to History and Genealogy of the
BRUBAKER-BRUBACHER-BREWBAKER Family of America,
Vol. I by Phares Brubaker Gibble, 1951.
- Family History of Christian BURKHOLDER,
1746-1990 by Paul Z. Burkholder, 1990.
- A Biographical History of the EBY Family,
Being a History of their Movements in Europe during the Reformation
and of Their Early Settlement in America; as also Much Other Unpublished
Historical Information Belonging to the Family by Ezra E. Eby, 1889, 1979
- Family Record of the Descendants of Jacob EBY,
1815-1896, and Mary "Polly" BINGEMAN, 1820-1915 by
Wendell B. Eby, 1992.
- Descendants of David ERB by Henry L. Erb, 1990.
- The Descendants of Christian S. and Anna GARBER
of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania by Allan A. Garber, 1985.
- The Descendants of Henry GIBBEL by Ira W. Gibbel, 1995.
- Descendants of Jacob GOOD by Rufus E. Good, 1987.
- Chart: Hans GRAF, Born in Switzerland A.D. 1661,
Settled in America A.D. 1695 by G.F. Groff and Emerson Stauffer, 1932,
- The GROFF Book by Clyde L. Groff, Walter B. Groff
and Jane E. Best, Vol. I, 1985.
- Genealogical Record of Reverend Hans HERR and His
Direct Lineal Descendants from His Birth A.D. 1639 to the Present Time
Containing the Names, Etc., of 13,223 Persons... with Corrections and
Supplemental Data by Theodore W. Herr and Phillip E. Bedient, 3rd
edition, 1994. (Originally published in 1908.)
- HERSHEY Family History by Henry Hershey, 1929, 1989
- The Descendants of Ira Leaman HERSHEY and Sarah Kreider
HERSHEY by G. Ruth Clark, Nora Lefever, Katherine Hershey
and Kathy Hershey,
- Descendants of John Brackbill HERSHEY and Anna Margaret
Eby HERSHEY by G. Ruth Hershey Clark, 1993.
- The Descendants of John Eby HERSHEY and Anna Mellinger
HERSHEY edited by Noah L. Hershey, 1989.
- The HERTZLER-HARTZLER Family History by Silas Hertzler,
1952, 1989 Reprint.
- Descendents [sic] of John HESS, 1809-1888: A
HESS Genealogy Through Pioneer Hans HESS,
Dedicated to the Memory of Magdalena, Wife of Hans HESS
Who with her Husband Crossed the Ocean in 1717 with Six Small Children and
was Enabled to Raise Eleven Children in Their Wilderness Home... Fruitful
Vine by James H. Hess, Samuel H. Stoner, Barbara A. and Mary W. Hess.
- History of the John HIGH Family of Lancaster County,
Pennsylvania, 1754-1977 by Levi High, 1977.
- Descendants of Jacob HOCHSTETLER, the Immigrant of
1736 by Harvey Hostetler, 1912, 1977 Reprint.
- History and Genealogy of Jacob M. HORST (1828-1895)
and Magdalena WEAVER (1832-1900); European History and
Immigrations by Carolyn Horst Brubaker and Clarke E. Hess.
- HOSTETTER Family: Descendants of Jacob and Anna
HOSTETTER of Engleside, Lancaster City, PA, the Immigrants
of 1712 and Descendants of Oswald and Maria HOSTETTER of
Warwick Twp., Lancaster City, PA, the Immigrants of 1732 by Richard L.
Hostetter and David J. Bachman, 1984.
- The HUBER-HOOVER Family History: A Biographical and
Genealogical History of the Descendants of Hans HUBER
from the Time of his Arrival in Pennsylvania down to the Eleventh
Generation by Harry M. Hoover, 1928, 1992 Reprint.
- Christian KAUFFMAN: His Descendants and His People
by Stanley Duane Kauffman, 1980.
- Pennsylvania Roots and Spreading Branches: 1721-1980, History of the
KELLER-LECKENTON-PAGE (BARGE) Families which originated in Lancaster
County and Environs, by Susan O. Hewitt Pierson, 1980. (Frederick KELLER
was born in Lancaster County in 1757.)
- KING Family History, Vol. I-II by Harold H. Hartzler, 1984.
- Genealogical History of the KOLB, KULP or
CULP Family and its Branches in America with Biographical
Sketches of Their Descendants from the Earliest Available Records from
1707 to the Present Time, Including Dielman KOLB in Germany
by Daniel Kolb Cassel, 1895, 1990 Reprint.
- The KRATZ Family History: A Genealogical Record of
the Descendants of John Valentine KRATZ with Brief
Historical and Biographical Sketches by Herbert E. Kratz, 1982.
(Includes 1985 Supplement)
- LANDIS-LANDES Family Descendants of Jacob
LANDES, Who Settled in Franconia Township and Died
in 1749 by Henry S. Landis.
- Pennsylvania LEFEVRES by George Newton LeFevre and
Franklin D. LeFevre, 1979.
- LEHMAN Families of Langnau, Switzerland by David L.
- The Ancestors and Descendants of Amos W. MARTIN and
Elizabeth H. MARTIN by Elizabeth S. Martin and Raymond
S. Martin, 1992.
- Daniel W. MARTIN Family History: Ancestors and
Descendants, 1691-1974 by Irene L. Martin, 1974.
- Brief History of Bishop Jacob MAST and Other
MAST Pioneers and a Complete Genealogical Family
Register and Those Related by Inter-Marriage by C. Z. Mast, 1911,
- MOSEMANN Family Directory: The Descendants of Jacob
and Magdalena Frey MOSEMANN by John H. Mosemann and
Ruth H. Mosemann, 1987.
- MYERS Family History, 1717-1989 by Clara W. Martin
and Clara M. Martin, 1989.
- MYERS History: Some Descendants of Hans Meier of
Pequea, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania by Dorothy M.K. Adams, 1987.
- MYLIN (Family History) by Doris E. Mylin Biechler, 1988.
- NEFF Families and Their Descendants in the 1700's and
Early 1800's by John F. Murray, 1991.
- The NEFF-NAEF Family: A History of the Descendants of
Henry NEFF, Manor Township, Lancaster County,
Pennsylvania, Who Immigrated from his Native Switzerland to the
Colony of Pennsylvania, Settling at Penn's Conestoga Manor, Chester
(Lancaster) County by William A. Neff, 1991.
- NOLT's Family History, 1771-1969 Containing Over 3700 Families,
Compiled by Enos N. Zimmerman, Distributed by Ivan A. Nolt, Ephrata, PA, 1970.
- The OBERHOLTZER Book: A Foundation Book of
Oberholtzer Immigrants and Unestablished Lines by Barbara Ford, 1995.
- Descendants and History of Georg PETERSHEIM Family, 1979.
- REIFF Family History, 1735-1982: Family Names of Nine
Generations, Approximately 247 Years by Eli E. Reiff Jr. and Amos H. Reiff,
- The RISSER Family: Our Heritage, 1739-1985 by
Phares S. Risser, 1985.
- Record of Descendants of Reuben Burkholder SENSENING
and Lydia Sensensing WEBER by Daniel S. Sensening, 1979.
- Christian Strickler SHERK: His Ancestry and Descendants
by Morris N. Sherk, 1994.
- The SHERK Family by Thomas A. Sherk (Descendants of
Ulrich Sherk, Immigrant of 1752), 1982.
- Descendents [sic] of David Renno SMOKER and Lydia
Stolzfus SMOKER, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, by
Jane Louise S. Davidson, 1978.
- A Genealogical Record of the Descendants of Henry
STAUFFER and Other STAUFFER Pioneers
Together with Historical and Biographical Sketches and Illustrated with
Portraits and Other Illustrations by A.J. Fretz, 1899, 1993 Reprint.
- STAUFFER Families of Switzerland, Germany, and
America (Including STOUFFER and STOVER)
by Richard Warren Davis, 1992.
- WAGNER Branch of the GOTTSHALL Family
by Athena R. Johnson Bogart, 1980.
- The WANNERS: An Early Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Mennonite Family by Irma Hess Stoltzfus, 1992.
- WEBER or WEAVER Family History by
Ezra N. Stauffer, 1926, 1995 Reprint.
- Henry B. WEAVER's Descendants by Elizabeth W. Shirk,
Eva G. Weaver, and Mary M. Weaver, 1981.
- The WENGER Book: A Foundation Book of American
WENGERS, Including Variant Spellings, such as WINGER,
WANGER, WHANGER, WEGNER, WENGERT, WENGERD, WINGART, WINGARD, WINGERT,
WANGERD, WENGAR, WENCKER, and Names Spelled with "V" rather than "W".
(Descendants of Christian WENGER, immigrant of 1727 -
primarily) edited by Samuel S. Wenger, Earle K. Wenger Sr. and
Helen I. Wenger, 1978.
- The YODER Book by Mary Lois Yoder, 1981.
- A Branch of the ZIMMERMAN Offspring of Glause
Zimmerman in Europe and his Children Who Came from Europe. Records of
12 Generations, Records of Births of over 325 Years, over 12,000 Families
by Ezra and Maria Zimmerman and Ervin M. Zimmerman, 1988.
- ZUG/ZUCK/ZOUCK/ZOOK Genealogy by Harry D. Zook, 428.
- The Three ZUG (ZOOK) Brothers of 1742 and Their Male
Descendants until 1850: Also the 1768 Amish Almsbook by Paul V. Hostetler,
NOTE: All of the above books may be obtained at the:
Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society
2215 Millstream Road
Lancaster, PA 17602-1499
Phone: (717) 393-9745
This website is provided courtesy of Ristenbatt Vacuum
Cleaner Service, Inc.
Copyright © 1996-2015 Donna E. Ristenbatt All rights reserved.
The bevelled buttons at the bottom of this page were designed
and created by David E. Ristenbatt and are copyrighted.
This site may be freely linked to but not duplicated in any fashion
without my written consent.